Wednesday, May 8, 2013

TWO OF MY FAVE MEN


Posted by PicasaHere they are a couple of my favorite guys. Hubby still has his mustache in this photo taken about two and half years ago. The handsome fellow on the right is my brother. This photo was taken at our nearby Richardson RV park. When we get our travel trailer next year we will go again as it is like fifteen minutes from our home and sits adjacent to Fern Ridge Reservoir. There are lots of beautiful trees and each spot has a large green space. It is quiet and you can walk a short distance to the reservoir.

I was so hungry for pasta last night so I made a pot of turkey meatballs and used the last jar of our home roasted tomato sauce. To the that deep red sauce I added garlic, fresh thyme and fresh basil, salt and pepper. I just kept the sauce simple it speaks for itself. Then I added tender turkey meat balls and green olives. Served over spaghetti noodles and topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.  I made each of us individual salads with creamy Italian dressing. I loved it as I had been thinking about it all day.......so funny how I get sometimes when it comes to food. I do not eat a lot but I certainly have my cravings!

We may be going for lunch today. Hubby is to call me at noon and let me know how things are going on the job site. If he is on schedule we will head out about two for a little lunch at one of our special places. That would be nice for the two of us as he is mighty busy and it is hard to tuck in fun things.

We have gray clouds this morning, a coastal influence. But they are to lift this afternoon and then we are getting into the heat again. I am going to be thankful however when Sunday comes around as it is to rain. Yes rain and I am thankful? Reason being as the weather man said the rain will help wash the tree pollen away. My eyes have gotten so irritated that I find myself packing a little wet wash cloth around in a little dish so I can pat them with this wet cold cloth when need be to help the itching. I am so tired of my eyes hurting......enough already!

I received a birthday card from a high school girl friend the other day. So I wrote her a letter yesterday. Seems strange we shared four years of high school and were close but it is now like writing to a stranger. We have not connected much for well over fifty years. That is a long time ago. When  I picture her I see her in my minds eye as she looked in school. Tall and slender, long blonde hair, bright blue eyes.  When she thinks of me she probably sees a dark haired, brown eyed silly girl like I was then.
It is funny the things I remember about her. It mostly has to do with spending time at her house. We stayed over night with each other quite often. I loved the potato salad her mother made. It was like a German potato salad(tangy) and I remember I always had seconds of that salad. I loved her bedroom she shared it with her sister before her sister went off to college. It was upstairs with a sloped ceiling and little bay windows. It was a sunny room and very cozy.
This gal was with me when I met my first husband. I remember that afternoon in the high school parking lot like it was yesterday. As I said it is odd the things one remembers.

I made the trip out to the farm yesterday. I takes me less than five minutes to go there. The day was so lovely and the farm smells like farmland. I love it. I purchased my weekly produce and strolled around the grounds a little while. They have goats and other animals and country items to look at.  I should have not been outdoors that long due to my allergies but it is hard to leave once I am there. I came home and tenderly washed and stored my veggies in the fridge. Our salad was so good last night with tender butter lettuce, bright red radishes, sweet onion, juicy tomatoes and crunchy cucumbers.

I must now get on with my chores. If we do not go to a late lunch I will have to fly by the seat of pants today for an idea for dinner. 

"Life is good, God is great and I am happy."
There is a song that goes, Beer is good, God is great and people are crazy! So anyhow my rendition fits me!

Have a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment