Friday, May 10, 2013

SILVER LAKE WASHINGTON


Posted by PicasaIt will not be long now I will be boating here again with my brother. We have been trying to make this little get together happen since March and the weather has not cooperated. It has been nice lately but it did not work for me to get away during this time. So soon. Brother has things planned out for us. Hubby is not going as he has so much work lined up. So it will be sister and brother time and a good deal of that time will be spent puttering around on this lake. We are also going to take a long drive one day. There is such beautiful scenery up the Mt. St. Helen's highway. My brother Jack enjoys taking drives just as my father did. It is steeped in our childhood I suppose. When we were young that is what my family did for entertainment. Mom would pack a big lunch and off we would go to parts unknown or known. We did not care where we went it was good family time.

I know I promised a cookie recipe and photo today but I am not making those yummy cookies today as it going to be in the 80's and too hot for having the oven on as I do not want to put the air conditioning on unless it is seriously needed. So I will bake on Sunday when it is to be cool and possibly showery.

Tonight we may be having beer can chicken on the grill if hubby stops by the store for a fresh chicken. It was his idea this morning to have this for dinner. The one good thing about the whole chickens no matter how you fix them is the leftover chicken to create more dishes. We usually make taco's or tostada's  with our leftover chicken. We love crunchy shredded chicken taco's with lots of cumin added to the chicken, plus onion, avocado's, tomatoes, cilantro and taco sauce and sour cream. How we get all that in a taco shell is beyond me. Hubby is so skilled with this operation but my fillings usually fall all over my plate. I usually opt for the tostada as it is easier to eat. I must make a pot of refried beans also if taco's are in our future.

It will not be long before Memorial weekend. It falls on the 4th weekend this year. My daughter at this point is planning on coming here. We never go anywhere on that weekend because of the traffic and where would you go that was not crowded? Not our thing. So Gina may be here and my husband will more than likely be working as folks like their floors done when they are away. So we will have mother/daughter time which is always wonderful.

I plunked out a new song I had written on the piano the other day. I have not played for some time. I go in streaks it seems. Once I start playing I do not want to quit but it odd how sometimes the piano sweetly calls to me and other times I totally ignore it.

I am going now to hose the deck and clean the patio furniture so if we do spend time on the deck this evening we won't be sitting in dust and cobwebs.
Have a great Friday it surely is going to be a dandy!










No comments:

Post a Comment