Sunday, May 12, 2013

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY


Posted by PicasaHappy Mom's day to all!
I just got off the phone with my daughter. We had a great visit. She is going to have a full day with Kali and Seth her two children that live close by. I am alone today but my husband will be home at four and then we going to see his Mother who has just moved back to Eugene this very day.

Today it is cooler but still in the seventies. We have clouds and it is to shower later and that is good as we need some moisture for the lawns and to rid us of tree pollen.

I sat a large bag of refundable cans and bottles out by the front door this morning. We had a flyer placed on our door a few days ago from a college student. We are always happy to donate our cans and bottles. So as I was typing a few minutes ago the bag was collected. Now for one month at least we do not need to mess with taking them in ourselves.

So today is cookie baking day! Yeah. I have not done a thing as yet, it is Sunday after all. But I will tidy the house shortly and then start baking. I will add a decorative bag of these yummy cookies to my hubby's mom's Mother's day gift.

We had very good mexican food last night. The leftover beer can chicken I morphed into salsa verde taco's, the refried beans were good as usual. I had two taco's and was over the top full. I cannot not even count how many taco's my husband ate. He is my taco guy!

I will be fixing soft chicken taco's for my brother when we stay at the lake. He has a slow cooker so I will make salsa verde chicken in the slow cooker, I will make beans and rice to go with. We can eat on this for a couple of evenings. I always try to cook for him when I go as you know bachelors they tend to make the same things over and over again so a change of menu is much appreciated.

When I think back to Mother's day past I always think of my Mom. I was so fortunate to live many years of my adult life near my parents. So we shared many a holiday, Mother's day being one. I loved to have her to our home for a nice meal and cater to her. I was a Mother too and spoiled also on that day. My little ones graced me with home made cards, macaroni art work, or whatever else their little allowances could buy. They would get so excited about giving me my gifts. There was a gold thread shimmering with love that wove us all together so tightly on those sweet occasions.

Even though my Mother is no longer with me in person she is and will always be a part of me. The love that she heaped upon me still sits comfortably in my heart. Thanks Mom.

Happy Mother's day!



No comments:

Post a Comment