Friday, June 20, 2014

BLUE JAY'S NESTING

These are not our birds but we have the same thing going on in the tree overhanging our deck. At this point they have already had a batch of babies early spring now they have eggs again. This morning all hell broke lose. We had the back door open when the squawking started with abundance. There were several crows perched in a nearby tree all eyeing the tree with the blue jay eggs. So the jays started flying around crazily and then perched on our fence rail and starting squawking as loud as they could. The crows did not move just continued to watch. Finally after about ten minutes of this racket one jay flew into the depths of the tree where the nest is. The other jay continued to squawk trying to distract the crows. Finally one by one the crows circled and left. Then the other jay flew into the tree to the nest. Then after almost a half hour of this madness it turned quiet. It must be very difficult to actually keep the eggs safe until they hatch and then keep the babies from harm. What a job! So that was our excitement first thing this morning. Sometimes I wonder are we really living in the city? We have coons at night, squirrels everywhere doing their funny bushiness, birds of many varieties, cows mooing and sheep bleating and roasters crowing across the road. I guess we have a little bit of country in the city limits. I do love that!

Today hubby will be home early as it is only a coat day, which is the last coat on the floor he is working on. Then he will get the work vans oil changed and run a few errands before heading home. The day for me holds some office duties and some laundry otherwise there is nothing pressing to do.
It is cloudy here this morning but we are to have sun breaks this afternoon, we had a soft rain this morning while the jays were doing their thing. The rest of the week after today looks wonderful, lots of sun and blue skies. I am thinking that our wading pool may come out this weekend. Ah it is so nice to put your feet in on a hot day.

I now must get out of my morning attire, get dressed for the day and start my office chores.
It will be a nice weekend for us as my husband is not working. So we may go for lunch or grill here. We wanted to have hubbies sis and husband for pizza but she is working this weekend. So I am going to make pizza for us tomorrow night. Tonight who knows? Last night our dinner was nice and light. A gorgeous salad made from the farm produce with honey mustard dressing and lightly coated fried chicken fingers dunked in extra honey mustard. I have two chicken fingers and some salad left so that will go into my tummy for lunch. Yum!  Hubby told me this morning when he left he is stopping for a Jumbo Jack. He always knows that makes me jealous as I love Jumbo Jack's. They are about the only fast food item I like. Second choice is a Burger King jr. whopper. So now you know my junk food secrets.
Later, have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment