Sunday, June 29, 2014

PORK CHOPS IN THE IRON SKILLET

This was our meal last night. Yummy and juicy tender chops done up in a iron skillet. This is what I did.
I set the oven for 400 degrees. Salt and peppered the steaks and let them stand at room temp for about a half hour. Heated the iron skillet on high to HOT. Added a drizzle of canola oil and dropped the two chops in. Let them sizzle and fry fast when browned on the underside I flipped them over and put the skillet into the oven to finish the chops. When your instant read or roasting thermometer or reaches 140-145 degrees the chops are perfectly done. That is it.
Well of course you can get more creative by making a rub of your choice of spices and herbs, but these were so scrumptious just plain and simple like this. All I served them with was a large romaine salad with radishes, tomatoes, onions and carrots with my homemade honey mustard dressing which was such a good accompaniment for the pork.  I dipped my chop in the salad dressing as I served it all up on one plate.

So today being Sunday I usually do not do much but with our trip looming I am going to get our clothes squared away for our camp out. I will take a walk and make out my grocery list for tomorrows shopping. I thought I would go this morning but feel a little tired as I had an allergy attack during the night so my sleep was interrupted. That happens to me occasionally in the spring and early summer. My head will fill and I start sneezing and blowing and well you get the idea. Not fun. My head is still full at the moment.

I have not heard from my daughter in Vegas. She usually calls me and tells me what fun she is having, laugh. So that leads me to believe she is having too much fun to find time to call. They are back home this afternoon.
I will be going to see her and my brother sometime later in July. July is a busy month for us. As well as a lot of work for my husband, there is the 4th, then his birthday is the 5th and our wedding anniversary is the 9th. We have forgotten our anniversary a few times as we get so wrapped in the 4th and 5th we forget. But this year I have remembered. Hubby will be working however but that is OK I will fix us a nice meal and we will still celebrate with dinner out when we have time.

It is a nice day here, warmer with big clouds floating in the blue. 
Enjoy your Sunday.
That's all folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment