Wednesday, June 25, 2014

TACOS AND BLACK BEANS

Taco's and black beans tonight. This is actually a photo of pork verde tacos. Tonight we are making carne asada tacos. I have a piece of sirloin steak that I will use. I will make a warm spicy rub with the likes of cumin, coriander, allspice, paprika, brown sugar and salt and pepper. Let the steak hang out in the fridge and grill it to med-rare. Then let it cool down and chop it up and turn it in to a cast iron skillet to put a final char on the edges. We will add cilantro, onion and cheese, nothing more is needed. We will then drizzle our fave hot sauces over. I have black beans to go along side. I love black beans in lieu of pintos sometimes. They are so hardy and I just love their earthy dense texture.

Well a cloudy day here and it is to remain so throughout the day with a shower or two. I could care less it is nice for a change. I am rather worn down from the mugginess we have had this past week. It was so hot and muggy last night I had a hard time sleeping. We had the windows open and the breeze through the screen doors and all of our four ceiling fans whirring away which helped some. This cooler weather is just fine for me now.

I am starting today to prepare for our trip to central Oregon. Between our neighbors both sides and hubby's sis who lives a couple houses down the street our home is always well taken of. It is like a neighborhood watch really. We always have someone to take care of the garden and flowers and garbage. This is a very safe neighborhood as so many folks are aware of anything out of the ordinary. I know we always keep tabs on Dee and Bills place when they are away.
I have a lot to get ready for this trip as my husband has a job in Sunriver which will take a few days the rest of the time we will be enjoying my son's company and hanging out at his place in the country. The weather is to be HOT. In the high eighties. Good thing as the weather now over there is not good. Cold in fact. Central Oregon can be a bear sometimes this time of year.

Today is making out the grocery list and menu for this week. My pantry is looking a little deprived right now and the freezer is sorely lacking so I will have a full cart for sure. I also have laundry to do. Seems there is always laundry doesn't it? Even though we try to be conservative with our clothing the hamper still manages to get full. 
I hope to take a long walk today. As it is cooler that will make it better for me. I must go however before the showers come in. So that leads me to believe I should sign off this post and get those walking shoes on and head out.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment