Tuesday, June 3, 2014

DAUGHTER GINA'S HOME

This is my daughters lovely dining room top and a partial view of her kitchen and nook area. The nook table was her dining table when the children were at home. She keeps this table as it has so many joyful memories for her.
I am showing these photos as she does and always have done such a great job of decorating. She just has the touch so it appears as if I passed something along in the gene pool.  However I wish my house was always as clean as Gina's. And the older I get the more lax I become with house keeping. From the time Gina was small she kept her room immaculate, plus she helped me with housework and occasionally dug into her brothers wreck of a bedroom and cleaned it. What a cleaner she is.
She loves their new place for the location in the Oregon City area with a lot of eateries and shopping and almost everything you would ever need nearby. The neighborhood is quiet and all the houses and grounds are maintained so well.

I power walked this morning. I made my thirty minute route in twenty minutes. I think the caffeine kicked in as I was walking. So the walk is over the house is tidy and now on to some deep cleaning. My husband will be home early afternoon today as he is finished a floor and is now installing the base boards. A lot of the time he has to remove the base and reattach it or sometimes he installs totally new base as he is doing today. Then tomorrow early is off again on a new job of refinishing red oak hardwood flooring. After this job is completed we are off to the coast for a few days. That makes me smile :)

We have signed a new contract with Comcast once more. When one contract ends we negotiate for a better plan. This time we are paying almost thirty dollars less for all of the premiums channels as well as every sports channel available. It was funny last evening as we had hundreds of movies to choose from and we could not find one we agreed upon.
This is the only incompatibility we have in our marriage and it has always been so since the day we met. We do not like the same kinds of movies. Now hubby will watch movies without me during the afternoon or early evening when he is not working and that is fine by me as I love reading. But I never a watch a movie without him as I never have the TV on during the day. So after dinner I like to find a movie to watch together well believe me this is no easy task. So what we invariably do is compromise with one another and watch something neither of us like! What a nightmare this is sometimes. So last night I watched something mediocre and he went to sleep which is typical. I love watching a good film and have missed some award winning films because we cannot agree. So a little snag there that will probably never be worked out unless I am willing to watch the television during the day, which I am not.

Well I must get some bathroom throw rugs into the washer and get on with some drudgery chores.

Have a good Tuesday.
Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment