Friday, June 27, 2014

CAMPING AT BELKNAP HOT SPRINGS

Yes this was us a few years ago camped in a river spot at Belknap hot springs. Belknap up on the McKenzie pass is a favorite place of ours. We have been going for our entire life together which will be 32 years the 3rd of July. Bend and Eugene are about equal distances to the hot springs. So we have driven there from the east side of the mountains as we now do from the west side. We have not went this year and will not go until school is in session again. We love to go in the spring or in the fall. It is one of the few places you can camp along the McKenzie river and have access to the hot pools at the resort. There are hiking trails in the resort area but also we like to hike or mountain bike the McKenzie river trail. As that trail is a bit of a bike ride for me now I will go on foot for the remainder of my life.

So what is it doing here in Eugene today? It is windy. What is going on today is stronger than a breeze. It is also sunny, cloudy and showery. It is more like a March or April day rather than a summer day.

My husband will be home early today and he called to inform me we are having company. There is a contractor he was done work for several times and now my husband has steered him to a job just across our street. So Dennis whom I have never met will be coming over to meet me and visit for a while. My husband says he is a very interesting person and he is a spiritual fellow and is of the Buddha faith. So I find that interesting in it's self. 

My daughter is now hanging out in the heat and sun of Las Vegas as her husband is in business meetings today at a seafood convention there. After this evening the business part of the trip will be completed and Gina and Doug can enjoy what Las Vegas has to offer until Sunday afternoon when they fly back home. I wish I was there with her today. What fun we would have.

I have no idea what to have for dinner. I bought a mound of burger at the market that I need to break down into smaller portions, seal and freeze. So I will probably use burger tonight in some way. Come on Zo be creative. 
I will finish this up now and get on to my house chores. As we are having a guest I must attend to the kitchen and family room floors. Seems I have been neglectful of the floors again.

The weekend is upon us. Have a good one.




No comments:

Post a Comment