Thursday, June 26, 2014

MY PARENTS

These are my parents Arthur and Marta Nesbitt. Such a cute couple in my opinion. Of course it goes without saying how lovely my mother was inside and out. With her beautiful smile and sweet demeanor everyone fell in love with her.
My father with his good looks and dark hair and olive skin and light gray/green eyes was a charmer. He had devilish way about him. Being a Gemini you never who he would be from one day to the next. Gemini being the twins you know. 
My parents were both avid readers. Sometimes the evenings were so quiet with us all reading the only noise was the turning of a page.  My father was no game player but my mother and I loved to play games. My parents loved adventure, travel especially but even a Sunday drive with a picnic lunch or a camp out put a smile on their faces.
It is fun for me to remember them with such pleasure in their younger years. 
I am looking at my fathers suspenders. He most always wore them. And he always wore button down shirts the only tee shirts I recall him wearing where undershirts. He loved to dress up and wear a suit or sports jacket and white shirt. A lot of times he would just wear casual pants or jeans and wear a white shirt with the sleeves turned up.
It looks as if my mother has a pair of wedge sandals on. They are the trend again. In fact those shoes could be in a store right now. My mother fancied dresses and wore them the majority of the time. But occasionally she would wear her loose slacks or a pair of jeans. It was cute when she was in her seventies and eighties she wore jeans a lot and for her shoes she donned white leather athletic shoes. She was so cute for her age and always appeared so young.

Well I have had a day. I went grocery shopping at three different places this morning. Then also went and bought a armload of books. Oh that always makes the day exciting for me. I bring them home and stack them on my chair side table in the living room. I will then look through them read the backs and select which order I will read them in. I know I am odd, but I have always had a close relationship with books.

The mist was dense when I was out and about and though I did not notice it at the time I got quite wet. My hair that I worked at to get straight is now crazy. Wavy, limp, straight, curly. I have all of that going on. Good grief, believe me it looks very peculiar. But it smells good there's a lingering of Herbal Essence and a hint of fresh misty rain.

I have been taking a break while typing this. My counter top is filled with tote bags full of groceries. Here in Eugene we have to supply our own bags or pay for paper bags, there are no more plastic bags. We are quite a green city. I do not mind I have been using my bags for years before the city made it law.
So now the groceries must be put away so I best get to it.

You all have a nice day. It is throw back Thursday today on FB that is why I posted the photo of my parents as I did so on FB.  But I have so enjoyed writing about them.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment