Wednesday, June 4, 2014

MY FIRST SELFIE

This is my first selfie. Look at the size of the camera no cell phone photo for this gal.
I took this last summer looking into the hallway mirror.
Did you know that selfie is now in the dictionary? Seriously.

I have spent the morning with Comcast. A tech was here for over three hours. We upgraded our dvr's so that envolved other things needing upgraded as well so all is compatible. Good grief my whole morning was shot. And who knows if I will ever be able to operate the new remote. The entire format on our cable is now different. I am a dummy when it comes to technology and truthfully I think most folks my age are. My children even though are both in their fifties now are both quite good with all the new technology and of course my grandkids have lived their lives immersed in it.
Hubby and I have yet to get our new phones. We were going to do that some months ago but as you can it is not a priority. But when we do we will more than likely get some kind of smart phone or we will be considered as obsolete as our phones.

I am fixing Asian fare this evening in my kitchen. I do not make Asian food that often as I am not comfortable making it. I usually do not have the needed seasonings and condiments on hand. This evenings meal is a quite simple one. It is sirloin steak marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and a couple other ingredients. Then sliced and fried hot in a black iron skillet to med-rare. Then an array of veggies are quickly fried, and then a sauce is made from the marinade and thickened and all is put together and served over rice with a scattering of scallions. Quite simple but it sounds like something I would enjoy. I will share the recipe if it something I will make again.

I stayed as busy as I could while the tech guy was here. So the house is tidy and office chores completed for the day. I have made my menu and grocery list out for tomorrow. So all that leaves me to attend to is cleaning the inside of our pick-up. I have pulled it up into the driveway so I can vacuum it out then I need to Armor All the dash and sounding areas and clean the windows. Cleaning rigs is a chore I really do not mind if the weather is not cold. It was gray this morning but the sun is out now so it is pleasant outdoors.

Well I am needing some fuel in this old body have not had a thing but a bowl of Cheerios this morning. I think I may have a little leftover salad and add a semi hard boiled egg to the top of it. That would make quite a nice lunch.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment