Sunday, June 15, 2014

PIZZETTE

When we want a small bite size pizza this is what I do.
I always have Totino's Pizzas on hand in the freezer. I take one out and place thin slices of mozzarella cheese on it to cover the top. I use the mozzarella in the ball in the refrigerator case of the grocery store. I add whatever additional toppings we are wanting such as olives,onions,meat etc. Then it goes into a 450 degree oven for about 16 minutes we like the cheese to crisp around the edges and the bottom firm. Then I sprinkle a few torn pieces of the basil I grow in the kitchen on top. Presto! An amazing little pizza all grown up! I use an airrated pizza pan that I have had for years, it is totally black and in my opinion works as well as a pizza stone which are a pain to use. That pan makes for a very crispy crust like if you had placed the pizza right on your oven rack. So try this little semi-homemade pizza idea.

I so love to be in the kitchen prepping and cooking. I am one person that would enjoy a very functional kitchen with a big fridge, walk-in pantry,large gas range with two ovens, a built in wine cooler that stores more than a few bottles, a large island where guests can sit away from me while I prepare but still be in my presence. I had a kitchen just as I have described in our last home in Bend. I designed it so it had all the amenities I wanted and oh how I loved working in it. Also just adjacent to the kitchen was the dining area and the family room with a huge stone fireplace. All in this one big space. This area is where we truly lived.The kitchen I have now is a decent size kitchen. It has a pantry but not a walk in one. It has a good amount of counter space, we upgraded to stainless appliances and glass tiles between our cabinets and counters. All of this helps but still I do not have a gas range as we do not have gas coming into our house. My oak cabinets are in the need of refinishing and that is something we are going to tend to. Not a refinish but I want them painted in a vanilla color. With our oak floors it will be complimentary and not all the same as it is now. I like the hardware we have on the cabinets as they are stainless in the style of bin pulls. I need a new sink desperately as the white cast iron one I have is stained and scared. So I would like a black composite sink with a big high fancy stainless faucet. We plan on replacing our granite tiles on the counters we installed some years back to solid surface granite in black, brown and cream tones. So things are in the works as the money comes in. But still the design will remain the same. Our bar is useless except for counter space as there is no overhang and no room to add one so no one can sit there. I do have one bar stool sitting there and folks do hike up on it but it is not a comfortable perch. But it is what it is I will be thankful for the upgrades we will be making.
My how did I ever get started on this? I suppose the reason is just like I stated. I am a kitchen person so I am always thinking of ways to improve my space.

Well it is Father's day today so many of you have fun plans.
I must go now and attend to some things that did not get done as I needed to go grocery shopping this morning. I also made a run to farm for more strawberries. Oh my they are so juicy and sweet. I have all ready eaten a few. Tonight strawberry shortcake!






No comments:

Post a Comment