Thursday, June 19, 2014

LITTLE ME

This is a cute little picture of me with my hair in disarray as it always seemed to be except when Mother first did it up for me. I think I was a bit of a tomboy when I was young. I know it is hard to imagine now, but I seemed to enjoy a lot of adventurous things such as climbing trees, looking for bugs, riding bikes that were way to large for me thus continually falling, playing softball with all my boy cousins and swinging high from an old tire tied to a large tree limb. I do recall though being afraid of snakes, the dark, the barn, the cows in the field and many other things that were part of our farm life. 

Today I am finally off to run errands. It is an amazing day here. The sky is filled full with sun and not a breeze is stirring. That could mean a hot afternoon. That is ok by me our tomatoes could use a little heat now as we have had some cool days.
I had to replant some flowers as a squirrel managed to dig in one pot it was hiding it's peanuts and it destroyed a couple of plants. I really wish that our neighbor Dee would not put out so many peanuts. They are everywhere, in my herb barrel, flower pots and the garden. Flowers are expensive and it is a shame some of them get ruined.

Our meal was so very delish last night. The shrimp brushed with the Soyaki and then grilled in the grill basket on hot heat was so tasty. The smokey flavor mingled with the Soyaki was just perfect. We managed to devour the entire basket of shrimp. Granted they are small white shrimp but still...we were piglets as I my hubby would say.  Strawberry shortcake once again last night. Now we have one shortcake biscuit to share this evening and then no more shortcakes. I still need to make a rhubarb pie before the rhubarb is gone from the farm. So that will be our next dessert.
I sometimes wonder how can I keep coming up with idea after idea for dinner. It does get tiresome sometimes. So what to have tonight? Well as I bought veggies yesterday I can make a lovely salad. But what to go with? I guess I am leaning towards making chicken fingers.  That would be all we would need. No need for a starch tonight.
Saturday night I am making pizza it has been a few weeks and we are craving it. Also I need to make it frequently so I do not forget how to make the dough perfect. There is a trick in making it just the right consistency nothing you can write down it is just the needed amount of water, flour and oil to make it bind just right. It is a thing you have to feel.

I am going to start carrying pepper spray with me when I walk. My son got me a canister of it sometime back and I have not been taking it. So this morning my hubby forced the issue. He showed again how to use it and to take it in my pocket when I walk.  So between the nagging from both son and husband I will comply. So today the little can of pepper spray will be part of my walk.  I hope I never have to use it.

Well it appears I will be going north to Portland and Washington state in July sometime after we return from central Oregon and seeing my son.  It is well over a year since I have seen my brother.  He does not want to come here as he is 84 now and the drive is hard on him. Well it is not that easy for me either but one of us has to make the effort so it will be me as I am younger. That I-5 drive gets harder and harder as the traffic increases every year. From the time you hit the freeway it is constant driving every minute with all your concentration. Not enjoyable in the least. But I am looking forward to spending time with my daughter and my brother. I hope to see my little great granddaughter Olivia and Tyson my grandson and Lindsey also.  I will see my two grandchildren that live in Portland when I am at my daughters. It is a lot to try and see everyone and I come home tired.  When my mother was still living I of course I would see her also on these trips as well as son who was living in the Portland area.  So many to spend time with and share love I am so blessed.

Well I must now get my walk out of the way while it is still cool, then home to shower and out the door  to finally take care of those errands.
Enjoy this grand day.





No comments:

Post a Comment