Monday, June 16, 2014

LAST NIGHTS EVENT

Top photo hubby's plate after making up his carne asada taco's. Now remember he is a condiment man first and foremost. So my dish did not look nearly as festive. I bought a new kind of taco shells and they were fluffy and soft and a little larger in size than a regular corn tortilla. They are LaTortilla Factory brand and these were a combo of yellow corn and wheat hand made style. They are of course more expensive than other brands, we enjoyed them. The next photo is my biscuits but made more luscious by increasing their size to accommodate a large serving of strawberries and whipped topping. Now I did take a photo of the finished product a perfect strawberry shortcake with a big dollop of Cool Whip on top. Well the when I imported this picture this morning it was blurred. I was in a hurry and ruined the photo. But we are repeating that dessert this evening so I will take another photo.

It was so gray here this morning I had to put on my big kitchen lights. I do not like to use those can lights loaded in my ceiling as they are just too bright but this morning called for drastic measures. It was depressing in there and five-thirty came early. I am up when hubby gets out of the shower to make his lunch and fix him breakfast. I did not always do this when I worked it was a joint effort then. But as I am home now and retired except for my office duties so I try to take care of his needs. The days he is not working he caters to me or we cook together or whatever. He is a good helper when I need him to be and usually I never need ask.
My how I get sidetracked. I was talking about the weather. This afternoon now it is decent, some sun breaks and less gray. Each day will get better now the forecast reports.

Well most of my days laundry list of things to do are done including the laundry, no pun intended.
So now I have about two hours before hubby walks in the door to kick off my shoes, settle in my chair have a snack a glass of wine and read. Oh I am afraid I have chosen another boring as dirt book. I have no more on hand or I would ditch it quick. It may improve I am only into the third chapter but something had better happen soon. This is a national best seller, really?

I will leave this computer now as I have spent quite a while doing computer things today. I wrote another post for our hardwood blog on our business website. This time it was in regards to how hardwood floors add to the design or decor or your home and a few idea's on what woods to choose depending on what furnishings etc you have in your home. There is a world of product out there so if you go into a store without an idea it can be overwhelming.
Hope your'e all having a nice Monday.
Well now guess what? It is raining just that quick and it is coming down good and hard. Must get cozy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment