Monday, June 23, 2014

ITALIAN SAUSAGE KABOBS

This was our meal last night. It was a simple fun meal to make. I used Italian sausage so I did get to much char in a couple of places as the sausage flared up a little. But we like the char. My fave on the skewers was the red potatoes. I cute small reds in half and then boiled till just tender. You need to be careful here because if overcooked the potato will fall apart when you put it on the skewer. The sausage was good and of course I boiled that for thirty minutes beforehand. I topped each skewer off with a radish. Radishes are very tasty cooked they lose their sharp flavor and taste more sweet and mellow. As you can see there is a jalapeno in the foreground of the plate. Guess who ate that? Really you guessed my hubby? Right!

It was a nice day yesterday sitting out in the eighty degree weather with our feet in the pool. The wading pool of course but oh how refreshing. It definitely keeps a person cooler. I read and hubby listened to his I-pod then I worked some puzzles in my puzzle book. Then we made out a list for our camping trip to central Oregon. After our dinner which we ate outdoors we lingered and played a game or two at the patio table. It was such a nice warm evening and very quiet.

Today we shopped for a new screen door for the front door. I like what we chose. It is very simple, nothing on the top two thirds so our red six panel door will show through. The bottom portion is just the cross board with simple vertical panels going from the cross board to the kick panel at the bottom. So it will be installed tomorrow and I for one cannot wait to have that breeze wafting through our living room and family room areas once again. I love my screen doors.

Today will be somewhat of a repeat of yesterday. Feet in the pool this afternoon. I will read my boring as dirt book for a while. Actually the story is a little more interesting since I am about third into the book but still it is slow and drags along like an afterthought.

We picked up steak for tonights dinner not because we were hungry for steak but because we like to grill. So I have it hanging out in the fridge with a rub on it.
I will fix a green salad with radish, onion, cucumber and onion drizzled with creamy Italian dressing. That's it!

Well I need to try and reach the insurance department of BOA who holds our home mortgage so I can complete the changes as we switched insurance carriers.
So I will go and finish this one last chore and go enjoy my pool! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment