Friday, June 13, 2014

WATERFRONT DEPOT FLORENCE OREGON

We had dinner here last Sunday evening our first night in Florence. We were fortunate that we snagged a reservation at the last minute. This is a very good eatery with a reputation that keeps growing. There was a line out the door. There are only twenty tables and the bar seats about twenty-five. The place was full. The edge of the table in foreground in the middle was our table not bad for a last minute accommodation.
We both ordered their signature dish which is crab crusted halibut with sweet chili sauce, served with a crisp cesar salad. The fish had a crunchy crab crust on top. My fork broke through the crust and then slid into the silky halibut cooked to perfection. A dip into the sweet chili sauce and my taste buds were dancing the rumba.
We will definitely put this restaurant on our list every time we frequent Florence.

Our little five day getaway highlights were our first two nights at the Siuslaw Port Marina RV park adjacent to Old Town. As we walked the boardwalk along the marina and then popped into the many shops and eateries and pubs. Then we moved on toward the ocean and stayed at Heceta Beach RV park. There we enjoyed campfires and I enjoyed my husbands breakfasts that he graced me with cooked on the camp stove outside. No mess for me and the food was so delish. That man can put together a tasty breakfast. Walks on the beach were terribly windy so I declined but hubby went a couple of times coming back with his pockets loaded with shells and rocks. While he was gone from camp I enjoyed the quiet listening to the many song birds while reading.
It was great to get away but always nice to be home again.

Now as I never cleaned the trailer yesterday that is my chore for the day. I do not mind it is small and takes less than an hour. I keep it up while we are away but still I clean it extra good when returning home.
Here are few more photo's of our trip.








No comments:

Post a Comment