Friday, June 6, 2014

OH YEAH THE VINO !

It was a good sale at Albertsons grocery yesterday. Not only was all this wine on sale if you buy six bottles mix and match or all the same you get an additional 20% off. I saved $12.00 which is like getting a bottle for free. I always do this when the 20% is offered usually all the grocers offer is 10% on six. So they are chilling out in the wine cooler. I have a rack that holds 40 bottles and a wine cooler that holds 32. So that is 72 bottles of wine. I have been rather neglectful however keeping them both full. When we drink a bottle I need to replace it ASAP. I only have 22 bottles total at present. So I have a lot to replace. I have an assortment of Chardonnay's as I am trying to find my truly favorite ones and stick with them. In reds I have most all the varieties but heavier on the cabs. We will be making a trip to wine country this summer and if we see a good deal on a case of wine we enjoy we will grab it up. Bottom line we both enjoy our wine.

I forgot to mention the Asian meal I prepared it was good but you know what it was a lot more detailed than my simple marinated beef and veggies stir fry and they taste very similar. So I am going to stick with my own version.Sometimes I get irritated with recipes and all the extra steps that are not needed. It seems the extra steps require more prep and extra dishes and pots and pans. I find I can adapt most recipes to fit a one pan or pot method.
Our dinner of polenta, peppers and sausage last night was as good as always. Only this time I really really loved it as I used sweet italian chicken sausage. The flavor of that sausage just added another dimension to the casserole. I really do not have the time to post the recipe with a photo today as I am pressed for time. I do think it is on this blog I will research that when time allows.

I need to share something funny at least it was amusing to me.
As this post centers on wine this is what occurred yesterday afternoon.
First of all my son calls it is about three-thirty he said he was sitting in sun and sipping Rodney Strong chardonnay. At about four PM while still talking to Mike I went and poured an icy cold glass of Chardonnay myself. I am still talking to my son at four-thirty and my hubby walks through the door carrying a bottle of his favortie wine. I started laughing so I am still talking to Mike on the phone and hubby is pouring a glass of cold white wine. While still talking to my son(we have long calls) my hubby and I move outdoors to the patio with our glasses of wine. Then the house phone starts ringing and run in with my cell while still chatting with my son and see it is my daughter on the house phone calling. So I drop off my son saying quick goodbye and I love you. Pick up the house phone and my daughter says, I was just sitting here in the sun sipping a glass of wine and thought I would call and chat for a bit! I just started laughing. What a bunch of wine drinking fools!


Well now it is time to take a quick shower and put on my walking shoes and take my walk before it heats up. It is to be almost 80 degrees today. There is much for me to do today so I best get to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment