Thursday, June 5, 2014

US

Well just look at us!
I love this picture. It was taken in Portland while visiting friends in 1999 or 2000. We were living in Bend at the time. Jim and Kem were the friends we were visiting and we always had such a fun time with them whether they came to our home or we went to theirs. Jim and my hubby had been friends for quite a number of years before I came on the scene. But we all fit like pieces in a puzzle. The day this photo was taken we had all been to downtown Portland. We took the Max and went to a pool hall a big one and played pool for a couple of hours and had brews. Then we went to the White Elephant restaurant I think it was called. An old establishment with an bizarre flair. All of this was near the river in downtown. I remember Jim ordered oysters on the half shell with some sort of sauce off to the side for an appetizer. Oh I dislike oysters but I went along and had one. I more or less gulped it down and almost choked when it slid down my throat.
The rest of meal was wonderful in this unusual but totally Portlanda style restaurant.  Then we rode the Max back to Kem and Jim's and walked to their home from the Max station it was not that far. A really fun weekend and good memories.
Kem and Jim moved to the small town of Elgin in eastern Oregon. We had plans to go see them but it is a long way from here and we never seemed to have the window of time it required to make the trip worthwhile. We miss them. We call on the holidays.

I am off this morning for my grocery shopping and banking. Then home to water yards and work in the office for a while to do a little catch up.

Tonight for dinner I am making an old favorite of ours. It is sausage polenta casserole. I will take a photo this evening and post the recipe tomorrow. I think I may have posted it before but if so it was years ago. I love this casserole as it is juicy with peppers and zucchini and onions and I can use our homemade roasted tomato sauce.

I am going to buzz off now as there is much to do this morning and I want to be out of the house before ten.
Have a good day it is so pretty here I am "loving it"!






No comments:

Post a Comment