Tuesday, June 17, 2014

FAMILY

Tyson, Lindsey and baby Olivia at the Washington Zoo in Portland. I love this little family. 

I spent time yesterday scanning more old photo's. I love seeing the old snapshots come up on the computer screen and then cleaning and cropping them adding more contrast in color where needed. It is becoming quite a hobby for me. So you will be seeing from time to time some oldies.

I was going to run some errands this morning but have rethought that as it is gloomy out and quite chilly. When I finished yesterday's post I commented that it has started to rain. Well let me tell you it continued to patter softly for a short while then as quickly as the snap of the fingers the sky turned threateningly dark  then the the heavens broke loose. Thunder boomed, lighting lit the dark skies and the hail pounded. Oh no I thought, our poor tomatoes. I went to the dining room window where I can view them and there they were standing proud their yellow blossoms hanging tight. They were warriors holding off the enemy. Not a one succumbed to the pelting hail. Bravo tomatoes!  

Now the question, what to have for dinner tonight? I loved the comfort food last night it was a perfect choice for a rain soaked evening.
I made panko crusted baked pork chops, mashed potatoes with chopped parsley and grated cheddar and I creamed some corn.  I find I am using my italian parsley from the herb barrel frequently. It is so good chopped and added to a variety of dishes. It adds vibrant color and so much freshness.
I am thinking along the lines of soup for dinner as my husband may be quite late this evening and soup is easy to hold. I just need to scout out the pantry and fridge and see what I can conjure up.

Right now I am needing a little something to eat. I think another cup of tea and piece of cinnamon toast sound about right. So I will say good-bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment