Wednesday, June 18, 2014

BOUNTY FROM THE FARM

I decided to post a photo of my bounty I purchased at the farm today. These are absolutely perfect vegetables and fruit. Every item at the farm is pristine. I do not know how they do it and many items are organic. You never see blemishes or bugs not even bruises. This is eighteen dollars well spent. I was amazed at the number of cars at the farm. Thankfully the folks were not all inside the building. I noticed there was a sign saying their u-pick strawberry patch was open also they have goats and other farm animals so there were families there as school is out. The kids love to wander around and watch the animals and pet the goats and lambs. They even have a ramp that runs up the gable ends of the goat barn with a fenced  walkway across the length of the top of the barn. The goats love this and strut their stuff going across. The kids love it. There are many wooden picnic tables with benches in a covered eating area. The area probably holds a hundred folks. This is a huge farm with large rooms filled with not only their own produce but from other areas in the valley. The smaller farm nearby has greenhouses loaded with many varieties of flowers, trees and herbs. There is only one large room for produce and a smaller room for items that need to be kept cold. They also carry wine from several vineyards the prices are comparable to store prices. This smaller farm is where I get my strawberries each year they are lower priced than the larger farm and tend to be bigger, better berries. Both farms have spray free berries. The smaller one does not stock anything that is not grown on their own farm so early in the year like it is now there is not a lot of choices. So each farm has it's merits. 

Well as I posted once today this is the end here. I just wanted to show this bounty from the farm down the road. Have a wonderful day, it is so lovely here today makes my heart very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment