Saturday, June 14, 2014

GRILLED SOCKEYE SALMON OVER GREEN RICE

Oh this was a tasty little dinner last night.
I took two sockeye fillets out of the freezer thawed them and brushed them with soyaki.(You buy this at Trader Joes) then I readied the grill and placed the fillets on a hot oiled grill and brushed more soyaki on them while they cooked. One turn only added more glaze and took them off. I made green rice to accompany the dish. I sauteed, a shallot, and four sliced green onions and a 1/2 cup of minced flat leaf parsley in a combo of butter and olive oil in a large pan until translucent then added 3/4 cup long grain rice and cooked three minutes, then added one and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, 1 small bay leaf and a pinch of Cayenne. Then put on the lid and simmered for approximately 30 minutes. The rice was so good with the fresh parsley grown right in my herb barrel. I love flat leaf parsley always gives everything you add it to a lovely fresh finish. This was a nice light summer meal.
Soon our supply of sockeye salmon will be depleted. I have only four fillets left. I do have four large bags of white shrimp from Belize. So we will start working on those.

Today my husband will be home very early as he only has a coat to do on a floor. So he will do necessary weeding and some trimming of shrubs and trees. The vegetation just gets out of control if you are not on top of it.
My day will entail finishing the laundry, cleaning my house, taking a nice long walk, making out a grocery list, as we were gone I need to pick up a few supplies early tomorrow morning.

I plan on making strawberry shortcake for tomorrow nights meal (which I still have not planned.) There are no fathers at my house but I will give a call to my son and grandson who will be celebrating his first ever Fathers day.
Tonight for dinner I am grilling a chuck steak. It was a stranger hanging out in my fridge and needed my attention. So I will get a rub on it as soon as it thaws. So to go with the steak this evening I am roasting potato chunks with red bell pepper and shallots. I will serve sliced cucumbers and radishes for some freshness.

I now need to get myself out of this computer chair, away from this screen and start my day. Hubby could be home before I get out my sleepy clothes.
Have a super nice Father's day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment