Saturday, June 21, 2014

GRANDMOTHER AND I

Just look how happy I am. I knew my Grandma loved me at an early age it seems. And she did she adored me but also expected a lot from me.
My grandmother always looked old even when she was young. However my father was thirty-eight when I was born, he was his mothers first child. So she was probably close to sixty when this photo was taken. She passed away when I was twenty-three. Oh how I mourned her. She had loved me and had been an important part of my life. It was the first time I experienced a death in the family so it was very emotional for me.
When I scan these old photos my memories come to life. I do not mind them they are part of who I have become, some are happy some sad. But I still get a hitch in my heart when I remember my grandmother.

So today is a "ME" day. I have been busy all week and have nothing heavy duty today. My office is clean and squared away, the house tidy, the laundry is done. So today I will take a long walk before the heat comes one, I will read, I will scan some photo's and then this afternoon sit on the deck with my toes dancing in the little pool to keep me cool.

I am making pizza for dinner tonight so I will make my dough early afternoon. I like it to sit in the fridge for a few hours before rolling it out and flipping it around. It does raise in the fridge sometimes bursting out of its plastic wrap. Our mouth is watering for pizza. Tomorrow night I want to grill something so I will see what I can scarf up out of the freezer.

My husband has a bid this morning and then off to the mall to buy himself some athletic shoes at Sports Authority. Then on to look at screen doors. We had to remove our front screen door as it finally bit the dust when the handle broke off. It has needed replaced for a while as well as the back screen door. But one at a time as they are not easy to install. It has been hard without the front one as it is my habit to open both doors in the morning to the screen doors so the breeze wafts through.

My son called yesterday he finally signed on his home and property. He said he when he got home he just looked at every tree on his property and thought, this is mine. He is a first time home owner so all is new to him and very important. He is just so happy which in turns makes his Momma(as he calls me) happy.

I now will start my 'me' day. A long shower, do my toes, into my clothes and walking shoes and off I go on my walk, no hurry I want to enjoy it. There is not a cloud in the sky today, all is quiet like normal for our area here on a weekend morning.
Hope you all have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment